There are five notable towns around Lake Titicaca:
- Puno, Peru – The largest city on Lake Titicaca, and the main transportation hub. It’s a regional trading hub, and it is considered to be the capital of Peru’s folklore, expect traditional festivals with dance and music here.
Elevation: 3,830 m (12,556 ft)
- Copacabana, Bolivia – Built between two hills and having a scenic view on the lake, it’s the definite stop over in Bolivia.
Elevation: 3,841 m (12,602 ft)
- Desaguadero – Small border town between Bolivia and Peru
Elevation: 3,827 m (12,556 ft)
- Challapampa, Bolivia – It’s a tiny town located on Isla del Sol with scenic views.
Elevation 3,815 m (12,516 ft)
- Yumani, Bolivia – The main village on Isla del Sol that has the best infrastructure and places to stay for the night.